Fall HVAC Maintenance Checklist to Prepare Your Heating Equipment
Is your heating equipment ready to run through the colder months ahead?
As the leaves begin to fall to the ground here in Santa Rosa, it is a reminder that winter is just around the corner. It is critical to ensure your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system is in tip-top shape, especially since you depend on it for comfort!
At Enviro Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc., we understand the importance of seasonal HVAC maintenance. We work hard to install and service equipment so it operates at peak capacity. Since opening our doors in 2008, we have been committed to keeping you cozy and comfortable—no matter what season we are in!
What Is on Your Fall HVAC Maintenance Checklist?
Here is a list of the most important tasks to help ensure your heating equipment is properly maintained and working efficiently:
- Inspect Filters: It is vital to check and replace your HVAC filters when necessary. You should change your filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions. A clean filter ensures better air quality and system efficiency. During high-use seasons, filters should ideally be checked every month.
- Clean the System: Dust and debris accumulate over time, which can restrict airflow and reduce efficiency. Clean the exterior of your furnace, and turn to our professionals to clean the internal components.
- Check Thermostats: Ensure your thermostat functions correctly. As we transition from cooling to heating, you may find it beneficial to upgrade to a programmable thermostat if you do not already have one. It can help you take back control over your energy use and reduce your energy costs.
- Inspect the Ductwork: Sealed and insulated ducts are crucial. Leaks can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 20 percent, according to ENERGY STAR®. Check for gaps or loose connections and schedule service with our experts for a thorough duct inspection. We can pinpoint and seal any leaks.
- Lubricate Moving Parts: Proper lubrication reduces friction in motors and increases the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- Examine the Heat Exchanger: A cracked heat exchanger can release carbon monoxide—a hazardous gas—into your home. To reduce the risk of carbon monoxide leaks, exposure, and poisoning, be sure to have your heat exchanger inspected by our Enviro Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. professionals.
Benefits of Routine Heating Equipment Maintenance
So, what exactly do you get out of routine professional HVAC maintenance visits? Below are just a few of the many advantages regular maintenance offers:
- Efficiency and Performance: Regular maintenance keeps your system working at its best, translating to optimal comfort in your home. You can count on feeling warm and cozy no matter how low the outdoor temperature drops!
- Cost Savings: An efficient system uses less energy. According to ENERGY STAR, well-maintained heating and cooling equipment can reduce energy bills by up to 15 percent.
- Longevity: Properly maintained equipment lasts longer, maximizing your investment. With maintenance, you will get the most out of your equipment, helping to eliminate the need for a premature—and costly—replacement.
- Safety: Regular checks can help spot issues like carbon monoxide leaks early, ensuring a safe environment in your home. If there are issues, our professionals can address them before they lead to potentially dangerous situations or even expensive repairs.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your system is in great shape lets you enjoy the cold months without worrying about unexpected breakdowns.
Fall is the perfect time to give your HVAC system the care it needs to ensure your home stays warm and inviting for the winter. Routine maintenance can lead to significant energy and cost savings—so you do not want to miss a visit!
Schedule Maintenance for Your Heating Equipment Today
Turn to our Enviro Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. professionals to schedule maintenance for your Santa Rosa, CA home’s HVAC system. Do not hesitate to reach out to us for any additional heating needs you have! We are here to ensure your comfort all year round. Call us today at 707-795-7219 or request service online.